Data migration is the process of transferring data between storage types, formats, or computer systems. With PRESENCE most Data migration tasks can be performed programmatically to achieve an automated migration, freeing up human resources from tedious tasks.
This can be essential when organizations have duplicate data in different systems or individuals change computer systems or upgrade to new systems, or when systems merge (such as when the organizations that use them undergo a merger or takeover).
To achieve an effective data migration procedure, data on the old system is mapped to the new system providing a design for data extraction and data loading. The design relates old data formats to the new system’s formats and requirements.
With PRESENCE we can create a complete Data Migration Tool that helps the migration and transfer of database schemas and data across leading databases such as Oracle, IBM DB2, MS-SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access.
It offers an open, user-friendly, and extensible migration process ensuring reliability and data integrity.
- Flexible, open and extensible migration process.
- Rapid data migration across databases ensuring data integrity with no loss of data.
- Restructure/Transform schema and data with ease during migration.
- Migrate/Transfer data across databases deployed on different platforms (Windows or Unix or Linux).
- Provides an uniform approach for migration across different databases.
- Offers a unique mechanism to verify the migrated data using “Database Migration Verifier”.
- Easy to Install and Easy to Use tool with user friendly & intuitive GUI.
Want Flexible New Applications Fast?
Call Us Today!
USA: 321 726 9941
UK: 020 8972 1390
Or EMAIL Us
PRESENCE Data Migration Tool Features
- Supports migration/transfer of schema and data across Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL MaxDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL and MS Access databases.
- Migration of data from Excel and CSV (Comma Separated Value) files into databases.
- Migrates tables, indexes, constraints along with data.
- Support for migration and transformation of data using SQL SELECT queries.
- Supports basic features for Schema and Data transformation during migration.
- Supports migrating stored procedures, functions, triggers, if the source and target RDBMS are the same.
- Following migration combinations are supported currently: SQL Server to SQL Server, Oracle to Oracle, DB2 to DB2 and Sybase to Sybase.
- Criteria based data migration (data subsetting) is supported when migrating from Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Sybase ASE to any database. User can set the filter criteria for a table(s) based on which, only the rows matching the criteria (subset) will be migrated. If criteria is set for a table, then its dependant tables will also be migrated based on its relationship.
- Support for migration to CSV files and Insert SQL statements.
How Can PRESENCE Help You With Data Migration?
- Moving to new database: Create database, tables and copy corresponding data from one database to another (even across heterogeneous databases).
- Upgrading to new version of the database: Move schema and data from one version of the database/application to another (E.g., SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005).
- Filtering Data (data subsetting): Migrate/Copy data based on simple as well as complex criteria. If criteria is set for table(s), then its dependant tables will also be migrated based on its relationship.
- Restructuring tables and data (transformation): Migrate table and data applying wide range of restructuring/transformations options. Options include, table and column name changes, data type mapping, selecting specific columns, column mappings etc., that can be applied during migration.
- Adding new data to existing database: Copy or add new data to existing tables in a database.
Discover More About PRESENCE
Contact International Presence
Add the two numbers above to prove you are not a robot.
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8972 1390
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8399 3597
PO Box 428
KT22 2HR United Kingdom
Toll Free: +1 (321) 726-9941
Fax: +1 (321) 726-6210
P.O. Box 34059
Indialantic, Florida 32903