A Mashup is a web page or application that combines data or functionality from two or more external sources to create a new service. The term mashup implies easy, fast integration, frequently using APIs and data sources to produce results that were not the original reason for producing the raw source data.
A Business Mashup is useful for integrating business and data services, as business Mashups technologies provide the ability to develop new integrated services quickly, to combine internal services with external or personalized information, and to make these services tangible to the business user through user-friendly Web browser interfaces.
Business Mashups differ from consumer Mashups in the level of integration with business computing environments, security and access control features, governance, and the sophistication of the programming tools (mashup editors) used. Another difference between business Mashups and consumer Mashups is a growing trend of using business Mashups in commercial software as a service offering.
The Benefits of Mashups
- Simple, flexible applications that solve day-to-day problems.
- Extend the life span of your existing technology by using it in new ways.
- Can be created in minutes, hours, or days (given heavy reliance on reuse and lightweight integration techniques).
- Can be “situational” in nature — easily customized to meet an individual’s unique needs.
- Mashing of functionality from different sources supports new insights.
- Often supports self-service application development.
- Can help make Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA) more business-relevant and visible, increasing reuse of services and widgets.
- Web services can be reused to provide completely new services and applications within and across organizations, providing business flexibility.
Why Use PRESENCE?
PRESENCE allows technology teams to determine what data and functionality is made available to users and allows you to create meaningful business processes that include business logic and workflow in a controlled environment.
Data can be accessed from multiple sources simultaneously and combined with new logic to create easily maintained processes as required.
Discover More About PRESENCE
Contact International Presence
Telephone: +44 (0) 20 8972 1390
Fax: +44 (0) 20 8399 3597
PO Box 428
KT22 2HR United Kingdom